Postgraduate Course on Global Mental Health
The Lisbon Institute of Global Mental Health will organize a Postgraduate Course on Global Mental Health in 16, 17, and 18 October 2019, in Lisbon.
The objective of this Course is to develop the capacity of health professionals interested in global mental health to:
- Discuss the main themes of global mental health
- Critically analyse epidemiological data on the global burden of mental disorders, social determinants of mental health and the links between health and development, particularly in conditions of scarcity of resources, poverty and emergencies.
- Identify the main stakeholders in global mental health issues
- and to get acquainted with the main global mental health initiatives.
- Identify the potential interventions to solve the main global mental health problems.
- Participate in global mental health programmes.
Check out the program here.
Enrollment deadline: 15 September 2019
Selection criteria: Applicants should be Psychiatry and Child Psychiatry residents or holders of a bachelor degree or legally equivalent qualification in the fields of Medicine, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology or Health Economics. Proficiency in English is required. The Course will run with a minimum of 12 and a maximum of 30 students.
Admission procedures: Applicants must submit the application form, and send a Bachelor’s Certificate or equivalent academic qualification and a brief CV in English to email@example.com.
For further information about the registration, contact Ms. Ana Oliveira (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Fees: The cost of attending the Course is 200 euros.
Attendance: Attendance to the courses is mandatory for the participants formally enrolled. Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.