2024 Course Applications Open
The Lisbon Institute of Global Mental Health will initiate during the year 2024 the 5th Lisbon Learning Program on Mental Health Policy and Services. The program includes a series of Advanced Courses (5 days each, with 2-3 days modules) for mental health leaders and professionals willing to develop public health skills in mental health policy and services, with a special emphasis on low and middle-income countries.
LIGMH Courses History
In the last 12 years, the LIGMH has promoted ten international courses on mental health policy and services (6 Master and 4 Diploma Programmes), which were attended by students from more than 50 countries. This new Diploma, based on a deep reflection on the experience accumulated over these years, incorporates several important curriculum innovations with the aim of responding to new emerging priorities in global mental health.
2024 Advanced Courses Focus
The focus of these Advanced Courses will be on the following areas:
- Understanding evidence, epidemiology and information in the field of mental health
- Mental Health Promotion and Prevention in the general population
- Developing the optimal mix of mental health services
- The pivotal role of community mental health services and the synergy with the Primary Health Care Programs for long-term severe mentally disabled persons
- Monitoring and evaluation of mental health systems
- Child and Young People mental health
- Older People and mental health
- Rights of people with mental disabilities
- Deinstitutionalisation: experiences and controversies
- Mental health in complex emergencies
- Globalization, development and health diplomacy
Enrolment deadline: 15 February 2024
Find out the full program details (goals, structure, selection criteria, etc.) below.